We may collect personal information about you when you use and access our website.
While we do not use browsing information to identify you personally, we may record certain information about your use of our website, such as which pages you visit, the time and date of your visit and the internet protocol address assigned to your computer.
We may also use ‘cookies’ or other similar tracking technologies on our website that help us track your website usage and remember your preferences. Cookies are small files that store information on your computer, TV, mobile phone or other device. They enable the entity that put the cookie on your device to recognise you across different websites, services, devices and/or browsing sessions. You can disable cookies through your internet browser but our websites may not work as intended for you if you do so.
We may hold your personal information in either electronic or hard copy form. We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss, as well as from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We use a number of physical, administrative, personnel and technical measures to protect your personal information. However, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
You can access the personal information we hold about you by visiting www.andhealth.com.au/contact-us/. Sometimes, we may not be able to provide you with access to all of your personal information and, where this is the case, we will tell you why. We may also need to verify your identity when you request access to, or a copy of, your personal information.
If you think that any personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, please contact us and we will take reasonable steps to ensure that it is corrected.
If you think we have breached the Privacy Act, or you wish to make a complaint about the way we have handled your personal information, you can contact us at www.andhealth.com.au/contact-us/. Please include your name, email address and/or telephone number and clearly describe your complaint. We will acknowledge your complaint and respond to you regarding your complaint within a reasonable period of time. If you think that we have failed to resolve the complaint satisfactorily, we will provide you with information about the further steps you can take.
ANDHealth offers programs, services and events, including office hours (each offering known as a "Program"), designed specifically to support entrepreneurs and innovators navigate the commercialisation journey in digital health.
ANDHealth is a non-profit, member-based body which has a vision of a vibrant and connected national ecosystem for the commercialisation of evidence-based digital health technologies. In order to achieve our vision, we run Programs, events and industry development initiatives all across Australia and in support of our vision, we ask all of our applicants to allow us to utilise their application data to help us grow the industry and identify areas of collaboration and commercialisation between all the companies in our network.
The below terms and conditions (i.e. 'the fine print’) outlines how we use your application data. However, we thought it might be useful for us to first set out our values and general principles in dealing with the data we collect.
1. Many of our Programs are supported by public funding agencies which require us to collect and disclose high level data about our attendees. These requirements are not optional for us and so all participants need to agree to this requirement.
2. All data is valuable so we do our very best to take care of it by using appropriately protected software platforms, and restricting who can access it.
3. We use the data we collect on companies for good, including providing otherwise unknown summaries on digital health activity across Australia (in anonymised and aggregated form), identifying potential collaborations between companies for mutual benefit and identifying companies we should reach out to when we have potential commercial opportunities with members and partners.
4. We respect the confidentiality of commercially sensitive data. We seek to assess and track companies on their clinical indication, technology type, location, size, capital raised, jobs created, commercial and clinical pilots and clinical publications. Our industry reports are anonymised, and our case studies only ever reference high level publicly available information (such as your company name, key contacts, company profile and location). If you are unsure about data that you enter in your application, please identify any information that should be held by us in confidence.
1. The Program you have applied for or to attend ("Program") is offered by ANDHealth Pty Ltd (ABN 32 617 835 542) of c/o Vistra Australia (Melbourne) Pty Ltd, Level 4, 96-100 Albert Road, South Melbourne VIC 3205 AUSTRALIA ("ANDHealth"). In these terms and conditions, "you" means the individual who has submitted the request to attend ANDHealth's Program and, where you submitted that application as an employee or contractor of a body corporate or other entity, "you" will also include that body corporate or other entity that employs or engages the individual who submitted the request.
2. These terms and conditions solely relate to ANDHealth's use of the data and other information that you submitted as part of your application to attend ANDHealth's Program or which you otherwise provide to ANDHealth at or in connection with attending the Program ("Submitted Data"). Additional terms and conditions may apply if your application to attend ANDHealth's Program is accepted by ANDHealth (including a requirement to pay any fees to attend that Program, if applicable). Submitted Data that you would like ANDHealth to keep confidential must be marked as 'confidential' or 'commercial in confidence' (“Confidential Data”).
3. This agreement (as represented by these terms and conditions) between you and ANDHealth is entered into in consideration of the parties incurring obligations and giving rights under this agreement and for other valuable consideration.
4. In exchange for ANDHealth considering your application to attend the Program, you agree that ANDHealth may utilise the Submitted Data for its own internal business purposes, including but not limited to the development of industry intelligence and analysis, publication of statistics regarding industry development, identifying companies with specific clinical or technology foci, identifying companies which may benefit from opportunities within the ANDHealth network and for the purpose of reporting or disclosing to third parties the Submitted Data. Where you have included Confidential Data in your application, this Confidential Data will not be disclosed by ANDHealth, except as required to meet ANDHealth’s own legal obligations. To the extent permitted by law, if ANDHealth is legally required to disclose your Confidential Data, ANDHealth will try to ensure that the recipient(s) of that Confidential Data keep that data confidential. Public disclosure of Submitted Data will be in an aggregated or de-identified form, unless consent is first requested from you.
5. By submitting your application to attend the Program, you grant to ANDHealth a non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide licence (with the right to grant sub-licenses through multiple tiers) to use, reproduce and disclose the Submitted Data, but excluding any Confidential Data, for the purposes described in clause 4. This licence will not extend to allowing ANDHealth to commercialise any business ideas, patents, trade secrets or confidential information disclosed by you as part of the Submitted Data.
6. By submitting your application to attend the Program, you represent and warrant to ANDHealth that: (a) you are authorised to provide the Submitted Data to ANDHealth and to grant the licence to the Submitted Data set out in clause 5; and (b) ANDHealth's use, reproduction and disclosure of that Submitted Data in accordance with that licence will not infringe the copyright or other intellectual property rights of any third party.
7. To the maximum extent permitted by law, including the Australian Consumer Law, in no event will ANDHealth be liable for any direct, indirect or consequential loss, damage or expense (irrespective of the manner in which it occurs) which may be suffered or incurred by you arising out of or in connection with the use, reproduction and disclosure of Submitted Data by ANDHealth or any other parties or by ANDHealth's acceptance or rejection of your application to attend the Program.
8. These terms and conditions are governed by the law of the State of Victoria, Australia and you submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts exercising jurisdiction in the State of Victoria, Australia.
Mail: c/o Vistra Australia (Melbourne) Pty Ltd, Level 4, 96-100 Albert Road, South Melbourne VIC 3205 AUSTRALIA
Last updated: 14/10/2022