Bronwyn Le Grice, Managing Director and CEO of ANDHealth, commented, “As Australia’s only organisation specialised in the acceleration of commercialisation in digital health technologies, we see the gaps that exist to support new deep tech digital health ventures in Australia.
"Initiatives announced in the 2021 – 2022 budget by the South Australian Government will have positive flow-on effects to Australia’s digital health industry. Funding of the Artificial Intelligence and Health Hub will facilitate the generation of new ideas, design, and investment in South Australia. The Small Business Capability Program will build essential digital capability in small businesses along with capabilities to boost international trade and investment.”
Wins for Digital Health
- $200 million boost over four years for the Jobs and Economic Growth Fund, including $1.6M over four years for an Artificial Intelligence and Health Hub to provide grants to artificial intelligence and health technology companies fostering innovation and project support activities including investment concierge services.
- $120 million Digital Restart Fund to improve digital services across a range of Government areas.
- $3.6 million over five years for Women’s Employment and Leadership initiatives including a Women in STEM Careers initiative.
- $2.6 million over four years for the Small Business Capability Program, supporting small businesses to develop digital and cyber security capabilities, as well as other traditional key business capabilities to enter the national trade market boosting interstate exports.
- $1.8 million over four years to establish Trade and Investment Representation in Europe to increase the state’s international trade and investment outcomes.
“Australia has an unprecedented opportunity to develop an internationally competitive digital health industry that will create jobs, generate revenue and investment, remove burden from our healthcare system, and improve the health of our people," said Bronwyn.
“We welcome the South Australian Government’s investment in growing South Australia’s capabilities in digital technologies, trade and investment and innovation – all positive steps for the digital health industry. We look forward to working with both State and Federal Governments to build a robust, fast-growing digital health industry that will improve health outcomes for all Australians.”